[wp-hackers] <!--nextpage--> and other tinymce stuff

Jess Planck jess at funroe.net
Tue Nov 4 20:16:54 GMT 2008

As I was saying before my phone crapped out and just decided to send
my unfinished message:

I was hoping that these functions would be split into separate tinymce
plugins / javascript functions. I would not consider this the easiest
task, so I would not expect it for 2.7. There are a ton of functions
in the wordpress tinymce plugin; page more, next page, advanced
toolbar, wordpress help, and not to mention core controls for the
editor that do hot keys and build in the media buttons. It might be
time to split out some of those functions.

If More and Next Page were in a wp-paging tinymce plugin and advanced
toolbar were in a kitchensink tinymce plugin. They could be easily
removed or modified by plugin authors. Very easy to override. I don't
know if I get this right, but wpeditimage buttons live in the
wordpress plugin while the wpeditimage has it's own plugin?

Yea, I wouldn't expect that sort of cleanup to happen for 2.7 no way...