[wp-hackers] Re: Subscribe to Comments plugin

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Sat May 10 19:33:36 GMT 2008

Yep sure - everything allright - I don't say every secret script is a hit
and will kill spam... and I don't belive in IP-Block being a protection
agains spammers. It is a protection against known spammers slowing down your
site but thats that... in my eyes.

What I ment is spam protection onsite.

Spam Karma 2 works pretty good for me - no spam did manage it onto my site
since I installed it. But they keep getting closer and closer to the border
were they would be published... I see them coming and all I can do it
setting the rules a bit tighter everytime they come too close. There is not
much room left and some of my visitors need to do an extra captcha for
varifiying they are human...

I can see the end of SK2 protecting my blog is near - it comes nearer and
nearer every single day and it trashes about 80 to 120 spam comments every
day - while about 6 per day are near being published.

I will have to write something to prevent them to do that.
There are easy ways to manage this - while I am not too sure how long it
will take them to get around that easy ways... but everything one could
imagine they will burn out if too many people are using them... we had this
discussion on this list not long ago so I think there is nothing more to add
then what Matt allready said (Attatched)

And inside the post Matt linked:

This [IP banning] is virtually guaranteed to fail in the long run, as