[wp-hackers] Re: Subscribe to Comments plugin

spencerp theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Sat May 10 15:13:04 GMT 2008

Alexander Beutl wrote:
> Yep and you can not write any comments on a blog where the blog owner will
> at some day get to the idea that everyone should be informed if anybody does
> write any comment in a post where the commenter has commented allready and
> had not choosen to get Mailnotifications. Every time someone thinks he would
> write a comment or spam that blog you will get mails you never asked for...

I can see what you're saying here. But, how ELSE is the plugin supposed
to function in order to do it's purpose? Unless it goes through IP
checks... or what not? You're basically saying, the plugin should be
void / deleted to prevent spam right? But at same time... the whole
plugins wonderful function is to notify legit members / subscribers of
NEW comments to what they commented on... So! We're back at base camp
again, where I said earlier.. it's just best to get rid of comment
functions, user registrations, and emails... because spam ruins it
all...? Right?