[wp-hackers] Editing a tag also edits a matching category

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Mon Mar 24 13:52:36 GMT 2008

I have not reported it in trac. If it is a bug, it's a design bug, not a
code bug.

As I see it, there are a couple of options.

1) Only edit a term if that term is used in one and only one taxonomy,
otherwise create a new term.
2) Add a "name" column to the taxonomy table so that the same term can
have different names. This significantly changes the term functionality
though.

I'll give it some further thought and then post something on trac.

Cheers - Callum.