[wp-hackers] Re: Browse Happy + IE7

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:44:37 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Geoffrey Sneddon
<foolistbar at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  On 13 Mar 2008, at 14:38, Chris Poteet wrote:
>
>  > They're are to many "Howdy's", XFN, and Browse Happy "pet projects"
>  > that have made their way into the core.  Why not just adopt the "Go
>  > PHP5" one while we're at it?
>
>  Why not? Because the dictator doesn't like it. If Matt doesn't like
>  something, it doesn't get in. It's as simple as that. No-one else has
>  any say about what happens with WordPress.

I don't see how that furthers the discussion or your position.

I've shared my opinion long ago,
http://foolswisdom.com/still-browsehappying/ , and having done that it
isn't a topic I still get excited about.

Matt has shared his thoughts on this topic many times. I particularly
recall one discussion on #wp-hackers where he acknowledged that
http://browsehappy.com/ is grossly out of date, but that history has
shown Microsoft needs their feet continuously held over the fire, and
it sitting there in the footer is a regular reminder for him to make
the time to have it updated. Or maybe I remember wrong ;-)

I would love to see people contribute to an updated version, or
equally continue to share their strong well argumented opinions on
this.

Hope that helps,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com