[wp-hackers] Location of "comment_form" do_action

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Jun 24 05:00:05 GMT 2008

Can anybody explain the logic of the "comment_form" action hook being
located _after_ the submit button on the Default Theme?

<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>

This makes _no_ sense to me.  If I want to add something to the
comment form, I almost certainly want the end user to see it _before_
they click on "Submit".

I see plugins all the time that jump through hoops to try to relocate
their additions above the Submit button.  Can anyone think of a good
example of a plugin that makes good use of the hook after Submit?

It's just puzzling.  To my mind it's a mistake and should be fixed.
I'm curious what others think.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider