[wp-hackers] Re: Plugins & CSS, embeded vs linking

Jonathan Dingman jdingman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:44:08 GMT 2008

Kaspers, you make some great points that yeah, there are 2 types of
Wordpress users.

That's why I'm suggesting there ought to be a standard for the
option.  Giving both types of users the ability to achieve what they
want to, with optimal performance.

Embedded CSS is just extra load time, as small as it is, to the
browser and end-user, when instead that same CSS could be cached.

Aaron,

I didn't know there was a function in 2.6 already for it, that sounds
great!  I can definitely live with how it is right now, it's just not
at optimal performance.

Jeremy,

That's why I suggested something for plugin devs to offer a "do not
include CSS" so you can manually add it yourself to whatever CSS file,
we use css/all.css, and the plugin wont add it anywhere.  makes sense
to me to offer that kind of functionality, on a global scale.

Thanks for the thoughts and contributions guys, greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Dingman

<http://www.ginside.com/>
<http://wordcampny.org/> - Oct 5th, 2008
<http://twitter.com/dingman>