[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [6576] trunk/wp-admin/wp-admin.css: The bottom of this shouldn' t run into the box.

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Jan 12 09:19:17 GMT 2008

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:06:33 +1100, spencerp <spencerp1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I was just talking to Jeremy Visser about this, "we" both came to
> conclusion that the Negative margin-top needs figured out specifically
> for the exact height of the footer which is 65px. SO, in negative
> decimal -5.5 we need it to be exact with 65px...
>
> So, we need to find out in "em" what 65px IS. To help make it work even
> better.

That varies between browsers.
1em = 1 line height
Various browsers and forced fontsizes have different lineheights, So you cannot convert between the 2.
However, The examples only use em measurements for their size AFAIK, Theres no reason why you cant use px instead.

I've just added a patch to the ticket i'd like you to have a try of too, its much the same, but seems to work in IE.