[wp-hackers] WordPress Interface Guidelines

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Mon Feb 25 01:02:01 GMT 2008

Liz Danzico wrote:
>> On 2/24/08, Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name> wrote:
>>> I think that the content would be great at the Codex,
>>>  since it would be useful for hackers and plugin developers.
>
> Yes, that's definitely the plan once it's a bit more final. I've been
> chipping away at the guidelines over the past handful of weeks.
> They'll never be _complete_, so I just have to get them to a good
> stage before moving over to the Codex.

I hear you, I've been writing about developer manual topics in hopes to
eventually have enough content to add and revise the codex and create a
docbook. It is less boring doing it step by step, so good luck with
that. It will be helpful now and eventually when it is added to the
codex where a broader audience will have access to it. I do advise that
you put more than one link to the user interface section and in a well
traffic area, because I remember finding a section on the Codex that I
never thought was added only to lose it again since it wasn't linked
well enough.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://funcdoc.wordpress.com - WordPress Documentation Blog/Guide Licensed under GPLv2

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.