[wp-hackers] WP 2.5 Demo Site

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:29:19 GMT 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 8:50 AM, Alex Günsche <ag.ml2008 at zirona.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 08:40 -0800, Lloyd Budd wrote:
> > Because WAMP/LAMP and therefore WordPress are so easy to setup (there
> > are also prepackaged virtual machines), I wonder as to the usefulness
> > and appropriateness of demo sites, specifically for a release still in
> > development.
>
> You're kidding, aren't you? Not everybody is able to setup a LAMP/WAMP
> server and install WordPress. Not everyone wants to install a VM engine.
> And not everybody is able to use SVN to always run the latest version.

Of course, everyone is not, wants not. But every member of wp-hackers can.

I shudder the same way when people throws out the general question on
wp-hackers or wp-testers if it is safe to run on their site. Feelings
like setting themselves up for disaster.

General demos and demo sites of pre-beta software has always seemed
like a good way for people to get their feelings hurt -- specifically,
people getting expectations that aren't met.

Cheers,
Lloyd

PS. I really don't see any benefit to your starting your argument
"You're kidding, aren't you?"