[wp-hackers] Improving Plugin (and Theme) metadata

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Feb 8 23:43:12 GMT 2008

Why should WP be providing tools for what is a much more general
problem, internationalizing applications with gettext? We don't
provide web browsers, text editors, PHP debuggers, or any of the other
tools that developers might use.

Just my 2 cents -- these translation tools have been around for a
while, are used on other projects besides WP, and I don't think WP
wants to get into the business of creating new tools for plugin devs.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software