[wp-hackers] Improving Plugin (and Theme) metadata

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:12:33 GMT 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:39:36 +0200, "Nikolay Bachiyski"
<nbachiyski at developer.bg> wrote:

>Apart from this one, I have another idea: we can keep the metadata
>translations in the plugin repository.

This make developers MUST have theyr plugin to the repository, the
metadata are translated with the localization of the plugin or it's
quite useless if not bad to have a plugin description in locale
language but the whole plugin (option pages, help etc) in english.

Would be different if the repository will offer the option to
traslation team to have access to the .pot file and metadata for a
plugin and a metod to upload locale files. This would encourage
developpers to make plugin I18N (lot doens't do yet specailly in the
them side, and this, IMHO caused by the fact that WP never come out
with a release with theme internationalized) If this would be done on
theme also would be great, pushing dev to make stuff I18N is important
and reduce the works for translation teams that actually have really
few resoursce localized in theyr language (20% or so of theme and
plugin used are localized)

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it