[wp-hackers] Default password length

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Feb 6 14:25:39 GMT 2008

Ok, great. I'd support switching it to 8 characters by default.

While I know that some people will change their passwords, I also know
that a lot of users simply won't. Personally, I don't bother generating
new passwords when I create test sites because it's more hassle than
it's worth for a testing site.

Changing the options via a plugin is fine for users updating their
passwords, but doesn't work for the first admin password when the site
is installed.

Cheers - Callum.