[wp-hackers] Default password length

Olivier-Bernard RICHARD olivier-bernard.richard at edf.fr
Wed Feb 6 12:34:42 GMT 2008

> As
> part of the password handling changes, can we push that out to 8
> characters and improve the random algorithm?

I definetely -1 this. I expect that the software I use has the ability to
protect & encrypt & everything what I store in it, but it's up to me if I
want to pick 123456 or 1l0vey at u_ for whatever reason. I absolutely *hate*
it when I register with a new service and it tells me I cant use a
password because it's too short, or doesnt contain enough mixed case, or
contains my nick, or whatever.

I'd rather add a link to a Codex page helping users pick a password and
warning about a thing or two most people ignore (ie why it's a bad idea to
use '123456' or 'password' as a password)