[wp-hackers] find wp-config from a plugin file

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Mon Feb 4 16:09:09 GMT 2008

> Yes, please avoid this. I created a forehead-shaped crater in my desk
> from when I was trying to share a single K2 installation between two
> WordPress installations by using symlinks, and it was realpath()'s
> fault.

So please help me to understand this issue with this well-known plugin
(Gengo) I'm trying to mantain:

http://code.google.com/p/gengo-wp23/issues/detail?id=34

I really can't understand what kind of directory structure actually it
has, and if this is my plugin's fault or just an "extreme" setup I
can't understand... I'm getting crazy :-)

By the way, this is not the only thing that's getting me crazy with
this plugin, actually... it was not a good idea trying to mantain
plugins authored by someone who disappeared (anyone knows him?!?). If
someone of you are willing to make this multilanguage plugin work with
a recent version of WordPress, have a look at

http://code.google.com/p/gengo-wp23/

and maybe help me find the way :-)

Thank you!
Paolo