[wp-hackers] New uploader from #5722 in [6659]

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 22:56:04 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 15:03 -0800, Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:
> I thought WordPress was supposed to be based on open-source
> technologies. Can you even develop Flash without buying some Adobe
> software? I'm not sure about that, but it's definitely not open-source.

+1. I thought WordPress was about open standards and open source.

Flash is not an open standard nor open source. The argument for
including a Flash animation based on the fact that it is "ubiquitous" is
as bad as saying that we'll cut our development times by coding only for
MSIE, because it is ubiquitous, and now we only have one browser to code
for.