[wp-hackers] Using Media Uploader In Plugin

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:37:08 GMT 2008

Hello all

The Media Uploader in 2.7 now allows for you to upload, among other
things, .zip and MP3 files. As a few of you might remember, I've been
developing on and off a plugin for managing a record label. One
brilliant addition to this would be to allow the user to upload .mp3
or .flac files directly using the plugin and the Wordpress interface.

So how can I hook into the uploader flash thing itself? I want .flac
files to be uploaded, but to not go into the media library, but to be
processed in a slightly different way.

Is this possible? Is there any documentation that will help me through
or any examples of plugins that already implement this kind of thing?

Thanks in advance.

Alex