[wp-hackers] trying to understand the Admin API ... changing default values for visible Screen Options

Mindshare Studios info at mindsharestudios.com
Tue Dec 16 23:05:05 GMT 2008

Ok apparently I misunderstood. Thanks

Damian Taggart
Mindshare Studios

-----Original Message-----
From: wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com
[mailto:wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] On Behalf Of Tom Ransom
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:20 PM
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] trying to understand the Admin API ... changing
default values for visible Screen Options

I can't presume to speak for the core team. And I need to clarify -
the checkbox that are set within the Screen Options do persist - but
the visibility of the Screen Options area doesn't.

I'd suggest that the thought was - it isn't something that you'd
change often after you get it setup to your preferred layout.

The checkboxes persist from session to session and are managed as an
option -
take a look in wp-admin/includes/template.php

function get_hidden_columns($page) {
	$page = str_replace('.php', '', $page);
	return (array) get_user_option( 'manage-' . $page . '-columns-
hidden', 0, false );
}

- Tom Ransom