[wp-hackers] Permalink problems

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Sat Dec 13 20:21:39 GMT 2008

> Eric Marden wrote:
>> Are any of the links on your blog using that format?
>>
> No, Eric. WordPress's default format is this:
> http://www.mysite.com/?p=18
>
> The Permalinks (friendly urls) format is this:
> http://www.mysite.com/2006/07/12/here-is-my-story/
>
> I am seeing 404 errors in Google for links that append the default
> to the Permalink:
> http://www.mysite.com/2006/07/12/here-is-my-story/?p=18

I'm familiar with the two link styles, but am trying to determine
where google learned of the combined version of the URLs. In other
words, if your blog isn't publishing links with the friendly URL and
the querystring in it, google had to learn of those links some where.

Do you have any plugins publishing an XML site map or anything like
that? Do they contain those type of links?

-e