[wp-hackers] WP 2.7 menu sidebar

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Aug 23 21:32:45 GMT 2008

Xavier Borderie wrote:
> 2008/8/23 Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name>:
>
>> Can you tell me if you had WP_DEBUG enabled, because that will tell me what
>> transport you are using. I think I will add some code that prints out which
>> transport is being used, so that it is easier to find out. I also think that
>> some sort of error should be given to the user, so that they know that it
>> failed, depending on what is going on at the time.
>>

> As far as I can tell, it's not enabled: it's part of our trunk-demo site:
> http://demo-trunk.wordpress-fr.net/
> ...which is svn-synchronised every 2 hours.

If you can send me more details, I'll want to work this out. I'm sort of
the unofficial maintainer for the HTTP API. Sort of, because I wrote the
damn thing and I'll rather have it kept in the core. It seems pretty
stable to me, but there are bound to be edge cases that need to be
looked at and fixed. If you didn't have the WP_DEBUG on, then it must
have been one of the other transports: cURL or HTTP. However, I don't
think the HTTP extension ever outputted errors before or it just never
had a problem with 503 errors.

I'm not seeing any problems as of now, so either the problem was fixed
or I'm not reproducing the problem that well. If it happens again, can
you make a ticket with the following: What version of PHP? Whether you
have HTTP extension? Whether you have cURL extension? Along with what
page it occurred on and what you were doing.

That would help me a lot.

Jacob Santos