[wp-hackers] Trac question...

Jared Bangs jared at pacific22.com
Mon Aug 11 16:39:44 GMT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
> This is not technically a WordPress question, but a question about Trac/SVN
> integration.
>
> On trac.wordpress.org, I think it is set up so that if someone does an SVN
> checkin with a string like "fixes bug #1223" in the checkin comment, then
> the changeset comment automatically also gets added as a comment to bug
> #1223.
>
> I'm using Trac/SVN on another project, and it isn't adding comments to the
> bug reports, although the reverse links are there (i.e. if you look at
> changeset [3445], text like "#1223" links to the Trac issue, but I think
> that is just due to Wiki formatting, not sure).
>
> Does anyone know how to make those automatic comments happen? Is it because
> we are on Trac 0.10.4 on the other project, and WP is on 0.10.5, or
> something else? Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>   Jennifer

As far as I know, the linking is an out-of-the-box feature that should
be available in your version of trac. So, r1234 would make a link to
the revision 1234, and #1234 would create a link to ticket number
1234.

As for automatically adding the comment to the ticket if you reference
the ticket number in the checkin comment, I would assume that this is
done either by a post-commit hook in subversion and/or a trac plugin.
I always just assumed that whoever did the checkin also manually added
a comment to the ticket.

- Jared