[wp-hackers] is_front_page should have it's own template file

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Apr 22 19:01:02 GMT 2008

Yeah, I see that, I'm just trying to grasp where you want it fitted
into the hierarchy.

Look at those cases again. Are you thinking of this sort of change?

Case 2: Static front page.
- Template is custom Page Template fallback to front.php fallback to
page.php fallback to index.php.

The reason I ask is that I'm not certain how to handle front.php in
the default case, where the main blog posts are the front page. Would
it only be used for the static front page case?

My viewpoint is that a template name like that should have a well
defined place in a theme, since a theme can include them. So
what/where would it make sense for a theme to include as the front
page?