[wp-hackers] is_front_page should have it's own template file

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Tue Apr 22 15:43:22 GMT 2008

I see what you are saying, I was under the impression we shouldn't need
custom page templates for the basic use cases.  This way, a template
could include a front page design, without having to tell the user to
add it as a template if they need.  I've been using a custom page
template for the front page, I have made one for nearly every WordPress
site I've ever built, it just seems that since we now have built-in
functionality to test for the front page, we might as well add it to the
template loader.  It's one more elseif in a long line of them, and one
more function.  Not a big deal, there are even hooks that can be used to
automatically apply the template page if you want.