[wp-hackers] Ouch -- very ouch.

Jess Planck jesse at funroe.net
Thu Apr 10 14:59:03 GMT 2008

His linked article didn't mention WordPress. The FBI report seemed to
reference overloading SMTP, was this a WordPress plugin issue, a
WordPress issue, or just a very poorly configured server with respects
to mail? So much of this depends on more info that might be noted in
the FBI report.

In my case I've done one report for an incident (non-WordPress..
awstats) to the FBI field office in New Orleans, they have been
responsive in telling me information beyond what my pitiful forensics
were telling me. So it would be interesting to see that FBI report in
it's full glory I bet.

Jess