[wp-hackers] Re: How to properly add/process fields to the write/edit post form

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Fri Apr 4 15:13:03 GMT 2008

For the record the 'Custom field GUI' plugin has been dead for
probably years now, but is extremely basic and continues to work in
all situations where I need persistent custom fields. Its ugly and
dumb but works despite it's zombieishness (partially I think because
it's agnostic about the different UI wrapper functions ;)

>From what I can tell the 'Custom Write Panel' was never finished and
is totally dead, and the dev moved on to work on that Fresh Post
thing, which seems to have a lot of potential but was ~alpha last time
I tried it (Haven't tried it lately, it might be living up to it's
premise if there are new versions, it seems very useful).

Mindshare: If you want the old plugin (rc_custom_field_gui) on pages
as well you can just add one line to the main plugin file. Just look
for the add_action hooks and add this at the bottom:

	add_action( 'edit_page_form', array( 'rc_custom_field_gui', 'insert_gui' ) );

Jeremy Clarke | http://simianuprising.com
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org