[wp-hackers] locale and date and time

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Thu Apr 3 06:36:29 GMT 2008

2008/4/2, Burobjorn <burobjorn at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  I was wondering, after setting my WP language to Dutch (nl) why it
>  doesn't switch the dates and time accordingly. Am I overlooking
>  something or would this be a nice addition to Wordpress?

Setting your locale doesn't mean you have moved to the Netherlands. We
have Dutch users all over the world and forcing a timezone for them
wouldn't be a pleasant experience.

On install time WordPress will try to guess the GMT offset from your
server date, so if your server has proper local time you won't have to
change anything.

Happy hacking,
Nikolay.