[wp-hackers] Plugin best practices: wp_options and storing custom data bits

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Thu Apr 3 01:01:44 GMT 2008

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's, as usual, greatly appreciated.
Without laying it too thick, it's close to reason #1 why I like
developing for WP so. :)

So we agree it's not such a bad idea, so long as:
1) I keep the "data sets" relatively small (for table size)
2) I manually set the autoload column off (4th param on add_ and
update_option()).

If so, t's pretty much the best case scenario for me.

Cheers, and back I dive in my code. :)
I'd show it, but the API it integrates with isn't live yet. :p
Soon, soon enough.

---
Stephane Daury - http://tekartist.org/