[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 30 19:59:04 GMT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:02:19 -0700, Travis Snoozy
<ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

<snip>
> I'm doing a scan of SVN right now to see how many registered plugins
> will actually work with the current upgrade system; I'm interested to
> see how effective the current system is with the plugins we have.

Rough breakdown:
 * 1920 entries in http://svn.wp-plugins.org/
 *  907 had a .php file containing plugin name metadata in trunk
 *  643 had a non-empty file named readme.txt in trunk
 *  358 had a first line in the readme that matched (case-insensitive)
the plugin name metadata

So, 358 is a rough minimum of the number of plugins updates should work
with. The raw data, script that collected the raw data, and
sed-processed data subsets are all available in the trac bug[1]. Please
don't beat up the poor SVN repo with the script. ;)

More interesting stats (like picking out the most popular plugins to
see if they're compatible or not) is left as an exercise to the reader;
my brain's had more than 24 hours of uptime, and its about ready to
crash.

--
Travis

In Series maintainer