[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 30 14:19:52 GMT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:07:04 -0700, Viper007Bond
<viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:

> I wasn't trying to be an ass, I was trying to be helpful since your
> malformed readme was the problem. Or did I misread?

The readme wasn't malformed (per se) -- in fact, it was based off that
very template file. The issue was that the initial title did not
*exactly* match the title in the Plugin Name field in my php file. You
can run an older readme[1] through the validator[2], and it'll come out
clean as a whistle (save for known-missing sections).

That's a requirement to get the update service to match the plugin with
the right entry in SVN -- and that's not documented anywhere that I've
found (including the example readme).

--
Travis

In Series maintainer