[wp-hackers] Proposal: Add a Privacy Option: Anonymise Updates

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Sep 26 13:20:06 GMT 2007

G'day,

I realise there's been a lot of noise on this subject. Let's try to keep
this thread short and on-topic. If you support my proposal, say so, if
you don't, say so. No need for detailed reasons, I'm assuming they've
already been explained elsewhere.

* Add an option to the Options > Privacy tab
* Option name "Updates"
* Option choice 1: "WordPress should check for updates automatically and
send my blog url."
* Option choice 2: "WordPress should check for updates automatically but
*not* send my blog url."
* Option choice 3: "WordPress should not check for updates."
* Then the text: "For more on how this information is used, see the
Privacy Policy" - link to the policy online.

All those in favour say aye, etc... :)

Cheers - Callum.