[wp-hackers] 2.3 Response

Arne Brachhold himself at arnebrachhold.de
Tue Sep 25 21:55:59 GMT 2007

On 9/25/07, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> I've just finished reading through the 323 pingbacks (!) currently on
> Note: In the future we'll know plugin popularity and can mention the
> most popular ones specifically in a release, it seems Google Sitemaps
> and Extended Live Archives are mentioned frequently.

If people use the new plugin update check and update their plugins
regularly, that shouldn't be a problem anymore. The Sitemaps plugin
was ready for WP 2.3 since 4th of September.

Maybe we could modify the plugin management page to check the "Tested
up to" tag of installed plugins and warn the user if it is lower than
the new installed version and he tries to activate it. Or introduce a
definitely-doesn't-work-with-omg field and warn the use even more ;)

Best regards,

  Arne

--
Arne Brachhold