[wp-hackers] Clarification on Tagging Plugins

Aaron Brazell abrazell at b5media.com
Thu Sep 20 15:40:48 GMT 2007

There is a question I'm getting a lot as I've been doing some
promotion of the next release of WordPress. The topic of built in
tags and whether UTW and the other tagging plugins will still work
with WP 2.3. The recommended approach, at least from my perspective,
is to disable tag plugins and use the WP tags but there are
legitimate reasons why some users might want to use one of the
existing tag plugins. Can anyone clarify for me what can be expected
to happen with these other tagging plugins. Will they still work,
should a blogger choose, along side WP tags since they use different
tables?

--
Aaron Brazell
Director of Technology, b5media

www:: www.b5media.com
my www: www.technosailor.com
phone:: 410-608-6620
fax:: 416-849-0347
skype:: technosailor

Everything contained in this email is confidential and stuff.