[wp-hackers] eAccelerator and XCache Plugins for WordPress

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Sep 17 20:56:38 GMT 2007

Thanks Mark.

I'm using maybe_unserialize() and is_serialized(); haven't tried
maybe_serialize() though, I just serialize everything.

I'll be taking a look at cache.php and see if there's anything else I can
implement to make it work better - I just got some (slight) heap corruption
some 30 hours later.

Thanks again.

On 9/17/07, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Computer Guru wrote:
>
> > I'd appreciated any testing, and if anyone can suggest a better way of
> > *cleanly* serializing and unserializing items when you have no idea
> > what
> > they are... I'm all for it :-)
>
> Check out these functions in WordPress:
>
>        - is_serialized()
>        - maybe_serialize()
>        - maybe_unserialize()
>
> Also check what we do in wp-includes/cache.php (Default FS cache) to
> kill object references... we serialize then unserialize them.  It's
> not a great method because it uses a lot of RAM, but no one has yet
> suggested a better method.
>
> --
> Mark Jaquith
> http://markjaquith.com/