[wp-hackers] eAccelerator and XCache Plugins for WordPress

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Sep 17 20:45:49 GMT 2007

On Sep 16, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Computer Guru wrote:

> I'd appreciated any testing, and if anyone can suggest a better way of
> *cleanly* serializing and unserializing items when you have no idea
> what
> they are... I'm all for it :-)

Check out these functions in WordPress:

	- is_serialized()
	- maybe_serialize()
	- maybe_unserialize()

Also check what we do in wp-includes/cache.php (Default FS cache) to
kill object references... we serialize then unserialize them.  It's
not a great method because it uses a lot of RAM, but no one has yet
suggested a better method.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/