[wp-hackers] Automatic feedback from users

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Sat Sep 15 19:24:09 GMT 2007

This is what I initially thought, plugins that are not compatible with
the version of wp may break the blog (even with the mechanism for
detecting syntax errors).

I think it would be best to simply ask the user the question if he never
answered it, and do it in the admin section.

the logic can be as follows:

if (get_option('user_agrees_to_send_system_info') == null)

{

   $answer = ask the user();

   update_option('user_agrees_to_send_system_info', $answer);

}

if you want to something similar in action, install FireStats 1.3 and
see. it's the first question I ask the user.

btw:

I keep the information I sent to the server serialized, so if it changes
(PHP version was upgraded for example), I will send it again.

for this reason, I also provide UI for the user to say he no longer agrees.

    Omry.