[wp-hackers] Switching to Swift Mailer?

Marcos Sader | marcosmedia m at marcosmedia.com
Fri Sep 14 17:03:56 GMT 2007

On 9/14/07, Burobjorn <burobjorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Could you eloborate a bit more on why this should be a plugin? AFAIK the
> phpmailer class is not being maintained anymore and has caused some
> serious annoyances with some other projects (non Wordpress) of mine
> regarding security. So I'm not a big fan of it anymore ;)
>
> Swiftmailer seems to be an interesting - and more important - maintained
> solution to Wordpress mail(). Or are there other reasons not to choose
> Swiftmailer as a replacement?

Email is used just for notifications in the core and phpMailer does the job,
not to mention that it is a one file solution, whereas Swift Mailer has
probably the same size that WordPress.

If you are developing a plugin and need a solid email framework to build
upon, then use SM, build a wrapper and pack it in a plugin.

grtz