[wp-hackers] Dropping the Ball

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Fri Oct 19 08:21:51 GMT 2007

It's not as if the tables were just renamed to something else or two tables
merged.

The way the data was stored was fundamentally changed. Making the old tables
exist and still operate wouldn't be as simple as just leaving the code in --
whole new code would have to have been written to convert the new format
back to the old format.

Really would make no sense.

Plus as said, if you stick to using APIs, there's only a couple specific
cases in which your plugin would break.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/