[wp-hackers] Dropping the Ball

Chris Poteet cpoteet at siolon.com
Fri Oct 19 02:15:49 GMT 2007

Team,

WP 2.3 is a monumental step forward for WordPress, and I want to
congratulate all of you for your hard work.  I'm excited to see the
future of the application.

The one thing I think that we short-sighted was backwards
compatibility with the DB schema.  I'm puzzled on why we would
continue to support legacy/deprecated functions for a time, but we
didn't do the same for DB tables which lead to almost all of my WP
sites breaking in one way or another?  Just think in the future we
could be conscious of this.

Again, great job on the new version, and I look forward to the future.

Chris Poteet