[wp-hackers] iPhone Plugin Competition: Presenting WPhone
viper at viper007bond.com
Tue Oct 9 23:12:33 GMT 2007
( No clue what this is about? Then see
Stephane Daury (stephdau), Doug Stewart (zamoose), and I (Viper007Bond) are
proud to announce our entry into the iPhone interface compeition: WPhone!
First, a note: while it _should_ work perfectly fine on an iPhone (we all
coded and tested using Safari), none of us own or have access to an actual
iPhone, so forgive us if something doesn't work as expected on it. ;)
Anyway, on to the features list:
* Support for ALL mobile devices. When a rich device (i.e. iPhone or iPod
"lite" XHTML valid interface into an version that resembles the existing
iPod/iPhone interface (see screenshots). Your mobile phone doesn't have to
be a "known device" in order to use the lite interface due to the new
checkbox on the login form.
required. CSS is loaded inline on the "lite" version to avoid the dreaded
pause-and-reload issue on low memory phones (it'll load the page, pause,
then apply the CSS).
* Existing URLs work and load the expected screen (for example, if you click
an "edit" link on your main blog, it will take you to the edit form for that
* Support for posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, users, etc.
* AJAX post and comment listing ("get more")
* Fully hookable / filterable -- you can add pages to the interface via a
plugin (see the included example plugin)
* Plus other stuff I'm probably forgetting! (Doug, Stephane -- help me out
Hope you all enjoy the plugin and we look forward to your feedback (it'd be
appreciated). We still have some more features and stuff planned, but we
decided it was time to get an initial version out the door. ;)
And here's hoping we win! :P
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/
More information about the wp-hackers