[wp-hackers] WordPress Checking Own Pingbacks - Intended Behavior?

Joefish joefish.hackers at feastofcrumbs.com
Fri Nov 16 14:25:33 GMT 2007

For me personally, I use internal pingbacks/trackbacks as a way of
informing readers of related articles. In order to accomplish this, I
often have to go through a few awkward steps.

1. Deactivate Akismet.

2. Publish the new article with the link and trackback to the old article.

3. Reactivate Akismet

4. Retrieve my pingback from the spambox.

It's always seemed curious to me that my pingback is flagged as spam
when I have no spam plugin enabled, but there it is. This behavior is
very consistent, so I've never been sure of it's by design.

Just curious... how long as it been since anyone's received a
pingback/trackback that was not flagged as spam?