[wp-hackers] WPMU: Create Custom Feed?

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 10 18:25:55 GMT 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:12:00 -0500, Tom Belknap
<dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net> wrote:

> Could you briefly outline the feed process in WP, so I can at least
> get a sense of where I'd want to hook my functions?

1. Request comes in to /wp-feed.php
2. do_feed (/wp-includes/functions.php) determines the type of feed to
output
3. do_feed invokes do_action("do_feed_$type")
4. The default feed generators are hooked into these actions
(/wp-includes/default-filters.php)

So, you probably want to remove_hook the default feed generators, and
hook in the new ones you're writing in their place.

--
Travis

In Series maintainer
Random coder & quality guy