[wp-hackers] Missing Menus

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat May 19 21:54:48 GMT 2007

On 5/19/07, Andy Staines <andy at yellowswordfish.com> wrote:
> > Care to tell us what plugin it is? Got a link to some source code?
>
> Sorry - we've been doing some further hunting but haven't turned up a
> solution as yet. The plugin is 'Simple Forum'. The line of code for the
> admin menu uses a pretty standard call:
>
> add_submenu_page('edit.php', __('Simple Forum', 'sforum'), __('Simple
> Forum', 'sforum'), 8, 'simple-forum/sf-admin.php');

This uses old user levels instead of a cap. Most likely the reason the
menu doesn't show.

> There is more however. We have now discovered that the 'activate' hook
> didn't run either as the necessary new tables have not been created and nor
> have the options been setup. So that's two hooks that are not being
> actioned. There are a lot of users of this and this is a unique problem to
> date.

You need to paste code for that too. The way you say the 'activate'
hook (quoted) makes me think you actually tried to use a hook called
activate, which we don't call. You need to register your plugin's
activation hook with register_activation_hook().

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com