[wp-hackers] Missing Menus

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Sat May 19 20:45:34 GMT 2007

> Care to tell us what plugin it is? Got a link to some source code?

Sorry - we've been doing some further hunting but haven't turned up a
solution as yet. The plugin is 'Simple Forum'. The line of code for the
admin menu uses a pretty standard call:

add_submenu_page('edit.php', __('Simple Forum', 'sforum'), __('Simple
Forum', 'sforum'), 8, 'simple-forum/sf-admin.php');

No function - just runs the script.

There is more however. We have now discovered that the 'activate' hook
didn't run either as the necessary new tables have not been created and nor
have the options been setup. So that's two hooks that are not being
actioned. There are a lot of users of this and this is a unique problem to
date.

I'm really just looking for any ideas that we can try to get him up and
running. Anything he or I should check.

Thanks
Andy