[wp-hackers] 2.3 Features

jason switzer jswitzer at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:00:08 GMT 2007

On 5/16/07, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick spitballing on the updating of plugins - a single link at the
> bottom/top of the plugins page that hits the plugin repo, creates a
> zipfile containing all relevant plugin files and prompting the user to
> download it, allowing them to upload/update at their leisure.

I'm not really trying to "spitball it" because I think it would definately
be a step in the right direction. I would personally love to see plugins and
themes be brain-dead simple to upgrade or install (useful if you make no
changes to them). I would prefer it not simply notify me of the update but
be able to perform the update as well (perhaps with an "Update Plugin"
button, so I can click on that button at my leisure) when it detects one is
available. It's not how I would implement said feature, but it would still
improve the situation.

-Jason