[wp-hackers] Re: SOAP Interface

Mitchell D. Miller mitchelldmiller at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:56:50 GMT 2007

My first post - hope this is the right way to reply.
Don't understand why this is a cPanel issue.
My ISP uses "cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC36)" with PHP 5.21 and MySQL 5.0.24-standard.
They still use Apache 1.3, but that's what I run at home, so it works out fine.

On 5/10/07, Matt <speedboxer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/10/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:
> >
> > > The truth is that there is going to be a long while until
> > > hosting companies decide to make the transition over PHP5
> >
> > Given that 5.0 was released about three years ago, any hosting company who
> > hasn't made the jump is clearly not a PHP-friendly host.
> >
> > -- Charles <Charles at lists.automattic.com>
>

> One word: cPanel. cPanel is the most popular Hosting Control Panel, for
> obvious reasons. But, it is *very* behind on the software it runs on. cPanel
> 11 (the current stable version) only works on Apache 1.3, PHP 4 and MySQL 4.
> Also, when installing cPanel, it will install Apache, PHP and MySQL for you.
> Then, after, hosts usually install PHP 5 as CGI and allow Customers to add a
> line to their .htaccess to use it. But, PHP 4 is still set as default
> because cPanel needs it to run. So, as you might imagine, most people don't
> care about the PHP version or don't have the technical knowledge for
> deciding to use PHP 5.
>
> Hopefully cPanel 12 (currently in Beta) will support Apache 2, PHP 5 and
> MySQL 5, but I doubt it. :P
>
> --
> Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
> http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/

Watch for wheredidmybraingo.com - coming soon!