[wp-hackers] Plugin directory zip issue

Dan Kuykendall dan at kuykendall.org
Fri Mar 23 04:32:24 GMT 2007

Lloyd Budd wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Dan Kuykendall <dan at kuykendall.org> wrote:
>> In the last couple of days I have gone ahead and moved podPress to the
>> wordpress.org plugin directory, so that I can try and participate more
>> with the plugin community.
>> Most things are working nicely, the readme.txt solution is pretty handy.
>>
>> Anyways, I recently release version 7.7 of my plugin, so the download
>> link is now for http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/podpress.7.7.zip
>
> Though generally, it sounds like you are correct, it seems like there
> is likely an immediate work around. My guess it is just a matter of
> doing something a little different in the readme file, neither Akismet
> nor Subscribe to Comments include the version in the zip file name.

The problem with using the non-versioned
http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/podpress.zip is that this is the
trunk code. I like to be able to pass code back and forth between dev
installs, and other developers using svn, so really dont want users
always getting the latest code that way.

--
Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
http://www.mightyseek.com

In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.