[wp-hackers] Google SoC: PostgreSQL port

Olexandr Melnyk omelnyk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 03:54:10 GMT 2007

Hello,

today I was browsing through the list of mentoring organisations,
participating in Google Summer of Code, and luckily found WordPress there.
And then I reminded myself an idea I have thought of some time ago: to
develop PostgreSQL port of WordPress. I would like to hear some opinions
from the community: what do you think of this idea?

I have read some discussions on this mailing list on this topic, and found
that I am not the only person interested in the port, and that there are
already intensions being made towards multi-database support both in default
WordPress (removing enums from database, etc) and fork projects.

I already have a rough list of things to be done, and would gladly discuss
it if there's anyone interested.