[wp-hackers] Plugin Directory Bug

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:55:51 GMT 2007

On 19/03/07, Arne Brachhold <himself at arnebrachhold.de> wrote:
> Yepp, providing the trunk as the default download is not a good idea.
> Trunk is the latest unstable release for testing, but not suitable for
> the most users. I guess for that reason the WordPress download page
> doesn't link to the WP SVN trunk, right?

It appears to depend on whether you have any tags defined - and the
latest stable tag marked in your readme.txt file in the trunk.  If
there is no tag identified in this way then the download link (in the
interface) points to trunk.

However, downloading ~download/pluginname.zip *always* appears to
download the trunk file that's available.

I personally would like there to be an option for
~download/pluginname-latest.zip to always point to the latest tag. At
present it is not possible to distribute a always-up-to-date URL that
doesn't point to trunk. Not sure where to file a feature request
though?

All things considered it's still a very good system.

Martin