[wp-hackers] File names in WP base folder

Boris Anthony lists.permutype at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:16:10 GMT 2007

On 16-Mar-07, at 6:00 PM, Alex Günsche wrote:
> This may be a good way for the geeks among us, but this is not the way
> how WordPress is usually installed.
>
> I would estimate that 98% of all WordPress installations are just the
> contents of the WordPress package in der DocumentRoot or a
> subdirectory.
> And this is also the way how the documentation (readme.html and
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress) describes the
> installation.

Of course. And this is because it was distributed that way, for
fairly obvious reasons. :)

The IA in me always wanted to see:

/wordpress
	index.php
	/wp

and now I know how (of course I could have figured it out but now I
see that some of the top WP people themselves use and sanction a
specific way of doing it, so I am happy. :)
(more or less... considering how many installs I've got my fingers
in.. :p

B.