[wp-hackers] NOOB Wants to Give Blogger Import Some Lovin'

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:27:49 GMT 2007

Hi Chris,

I'm responsible for the current state of the blogger importer and I'll
be the first to tell you it needs a little love. The HTTP stuff is
sloppy (it needs to follow redirects) and they have since implemented
an order-by query that may eliminate the need to import the blog in
reverse. There is information in a Google group for the Blogger API.

If you want to give the importer some love, you should start by
starting a new ticket in Trac and claiming it yourself. The guys who
commit patches prefer universal diffs against trunk, which you can
upload to Trac.

Many people subscribe to a mailing list that sends updates every time
a Trac ticket is updated, but uploads are not included so be sure to
update the ticket with a comment and tags such as "has-patch" and
"needs-testing" to get some attention.

If you want to talk about the specifics of the importer you can email
me directly.

Cheers,
Andy